We are here for the music. We help music creators get paid for their work and give music users easy ways to legally play and copy what they like. Royalties keep the music coming and secure the industry’s future. And that’s what we all want to hear. Here, you will find relevant information about Membership.
1. Application Form Fill Up Instructions
- The Application Form along with the Additional Information sheet duly filled & signed. The Complete Form should be filled in Capital Letters only.
2. Fees Details
- One Time Application Processing Fees for Author, Composer and their Legal Heir is Rs.1200/-. and for Publisher it is Rs.2,200/-. The amount is to be paid Online or by Demand Draft in favor of ‘The Indian Performing Right Society Ltd.’ payable at Mumbai.
- KINDLY NOTE: Payment accepted Online or by Demand Draft (DD) or Pay Order (PO) ONLY
3. Required Documents
- Photo copy of PAN card (Mandatory). In case of Partnership / Pvt. Ltd Company – PAN Copy of the Company is required
- In case of Sole Proprietorship Firm – Trade License/ UDYAM Registration Certificate or MSME Certificate and Self Declaration for Membership Application as Owner Publisher (Click to Download)
4. Photo Proof
- Photo copy of AADHAR card (Mandatory for individuals)
5. Address Proof
- Passport /Driving License / Voter ID / Leave License Copy.
- Notarize letter from original owner of property with his electricity bill attached as proof of tenancy (if staying as PAYING GUEST (P G) or Staying with Relative/Acquaintance).
- In Case of Company (Partnership/Pvt Ltd Company) copy of Leave License agreement/ Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill in the name of the Company.
6. Color Photographs.
- Two Latest Color Passport Photos in standard size. (kindly stick one photo on the application form)
7. Work Notification Forms for each Musical Work (minimum ONE released /published):
- For Film – CD Inlays or Digital Release (Page Print Screen) with all credits & links.
- For Non Film Album- CD Inlays or Digital Release (Page Print Screen) with all credits & links.
- For Back Ground Music Score [Film (including Animated Films)/TV Serial/Web Series] – Letter from Production House/Channel or CD of Video Clip with Rolling Title of Name Credits and Cue Sheets.
- For Advertising (Jingle / Logos / Channels ID / Theme Music for Events) – Letter from Advertising Agency/Advertiser/Production House certifying authorship and CD of Video Clip of Advertisement).
8. Bank Account Number and Account Holder Document
- Photo copy of your bank passbook / bank statement (latest) with Account name, address, Account No, etc. (duly verified & attested by Bank.)
For Owner Sole Proprietorship Firm (in addition to above 9) :-
- Letter from the bank certifying the bank account in name of the Firm with detail such as:-
- Date of opening of account.
- Name of the proprietor.
- GST Registration No. (If applicable).
For Owner Publisher is a Limited Company (in addition to above 9) :-
- Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association, Incorporation Certificate of the company.
- Chairman or one of the Director/s or Authorized Person is the Signatories to the Application Form with the Company Rubber Stamp.
- Extract Copy of Board Resolution (on the Company letter head Signed by all the Directors) specifying the name of the Director/Authorized Person who would sign the Application Form representing the Company in all matters at IPRS and sign the Assignment Deed on behalf of the Company with the Company Rubber Stamp.
- GST Registration No. (Mandatory).
- Last Audited Balance Sheet.
For Owner Publisher is a Partnership (in addition to the above 9 Points) :-
- Copy of Partnership Deed.
- Letter (on the letter head of company) signed by all Partners specifying name of the Partner/s or Authorized Person who would sign the Application Form representing the Firm in all matters at IPRS and sign the Assignment Deed on behalf of the Firm with the Company Rubber Stamp.
- GST Registration No. (Mandatory).
- Last Audited Balance Sheet.
In case of Legal Heirs (in addition to above 8) :-
- Copy of Death Certificate.
- Copy of Probated Will or Succession Certificate or Legal Heir Certificate issued by competent Court.
- Bank Verification of the Applicant (Legal Heirs) Signature from the bank.
For FILM/TV Work :-
- If Author Applicant has released FILM Work / TV Serial/Advertising Jingles/Web Series,then such applicant will be required to submit documents (work proof) along with duly filled & signed work notification form (please refer point no. 7 above).
- If Publisher Applicant has FILM Work / TV Serial/Advertising Jingles/Web Series, then such applicant will be considered with one additional condition of Registered Company with PAN & GST Registration (if eligible) with Audited Balance Sheet to be provided.
For NON-FILM Work (applicable for both Author & Publisher applicant) :-
- Internet presence of the applicant must to be available.
- YouTube release of the Music.
- Work released on SAAVAN/GAANA/HUNGAMA/ITunes/ Spotify or any other aggregator/streaming platform.
- Physical Release of CD Inlays.
- The applicant should fulfill at least 2 of the above criteria. In case any applicant doesn’t fulfill any 2 criteria than the application can be considered for review & will be subject to Member’s Committee discretion exclusively (if find fit/ eligible/ prudent/ credible / genuineness of work created)
- Please be informed, once we receive all the documents related to membership as mentioned above (fulfilling additional criteria’s as may be laid down in timely manner by the Membership Committee). Membership Committee would scrutinize the application & give approval if found fit & legitimate.
- On approval of application, we will send the Assignment Deed (Franked) & Indemnity Bond (Franked) for execution (sign) to the Applicant. On receiving both the Executed (Signed) Legal Paper, Assignment Deed will be send for execution by the Directors.
- A photocopy of Assignment Deed duly signed will be sent to the Applicant along with Member Admittance Letter for records.
- Kindly Note, it will take 45 working days to process your application.
IPRS Members Indemnity Bond
Indemnity Bond is the contractual agreement done between IPRS and member.
Composer-Author Assignment Deed
Agreement between the Composer / Author Member and IPRS.
Publisher Assignment Deed
A Publisher Assignment Deed is an agreement between a songwriter or composer and a publisher.
IPRS members are responsible for submitting work notifications of their compositions / lyrics.